Discover For Yourself (D4Y) - Teacher's Guides
About this Series
The Discover 4 Yourself Teacher Guides have been developed by collegiate teacher educator, Elizabeth A. McAllister, Ed. D., and Janna Arndt for use by teachers in both classrooms and home school. The Teacher Guides provide invaluable tools to help you maximise the time you invest teaching a Discover 4 Yourself Bible study. The Teacher’s Guide will show you how to clearly, carefully, and sensitively lead your students through inductive Bible study, giving them a greater understanding of God and His ways coupled with practical ways to live out what they are learning. Teaching strategies are designed to enhance memory, creativity and reasoning skills, and to ignite young imaginations with the fun and rewards found only in studying God’s Word.
- Self-contained with the full student workbook included.
- Creative ways to handle different learning abilities.
- Memory enhancement: reading out loud, drawing pictures, creating and marking key words, and making charts, lists, and timelines.
- Guided daily instructions including topic introductions and suggestions for: key word markings (symbols and colours), leading discussions, and playing games.
- Weekly Quizzes and Final Exam.
- Answer Keys for all student workbook questions, crossword puzzles, mazes, weekly quizzes, and final exam.
The studies in the D4Y series are designed for kids aged 8-12. However, children's reading skills and maturity levels vary, so a child might be ready for these books at a younger age; equally, you might find them useful for 13-year olds.